Saturday, February 21, 2015

::Here we go::

About 10 years ago I felt like God told me I would write a book. Hahahahaha! Insert crying laughing emoticon here!! This was before places like blog where one can just write stuff. I digress (already). As an avid reader and thinker (and talker, ahem storyteller), I actually started writing it. If I had about 4 hours to dig through the external hard drive of all the documents pulled off of our old desktop computer, it would be there and would be called something like "Small Town Girl Grows Up," --- I guarantee it had small town in it. My point is although the subject matter probably did have some hilarity to it, it wasn't about anything special. When we moved back to Louisville I couldn't wait to buy the cute sign that said, "The nice part about living in a small town, when you don't know what you are doing, someone else always does!" Still hangs in my kitchen today. And it's funny and true! But I kept getting the feeling there was more to what He had for me to say and it wasn't a story about Louisville, the place, necessarily. I mean our little town is interesting and all but there was a bigger story somewhere, I could feel it.

All that to say, over 10 years, 3 kids, 3 jobs (that have nothing to do with writing) later, I have played around with writing a blog, but in the last several months I have really started wanting to chronicle my daily glimpses and gleanings from what God is teaching me through my family, friends, community (#smalltown #louisville), and just "stuff" that think is fun, interesting, funny, or moving. 

God is all those things ya know. 
FUN: watching my boys playing Upward basketball; getting to watch their personalities and interests develop and grow; getting together with a special group of friends to pray for each other; fellowship with Christian friends be it at church, in our neighborhood, or dinner with friends.
INTERESTING: Reading Bible and seeing a verse in a new light; watching prayers be answered in the most amazing ways; how people are growing the Kingdom through ministries both BIG and small
FUNNY: Reading blog posts from some of my favorite Christian bloggers like Jen Hatmaker; laughing with friends about the new fashion trend of high waisted acid washed jeans -- a reincarnated trend I will be skipping (proof God really does have a sense of humor); praying that I can get through a morning where Larry (Mary Flynn's alter ego who likes to wear Dak Precott jerseys and jeans and "NO BOW MAMA!") wakes up instead of my precious little girl who used to like to wear bows and smocked dresses (lots of prayers to come in the future I'm afraid...I just hope we are still laughing!)
MOVING: sharing in worship service with fellow believers; listening to our choir sing an anthem on Sunday morning; Bro. Mike telling a story on Sunday morning that speaks right to me;  a time of solemn prayer where i can really feel God speaking to right to me.

I see Him working in my life day by day, hour by hour, and sometimes minute by minute --- because in this small town and wherever this road called life leads, I can gaurantee that if I have no idea what I am doing (and I will mess up A LOT)  there is somebody who does...and its not a person who just wants some juicy tale about who is doing what! It's God...and I just love Him for that! I am so in awe and thankful that HE not only created this whole world, but longs to know everything about me as well!  He is a loving and forgiving God!! #loveyoujesus

You see, it's about what HE wants us to be doing. It's what our HEARTS say about is that is important to HIM. 

The story I had been searching for was HIS story...how He would work through my life and through the lives of others to further His kingdom. Eeeeek! 

I know He is pulling me to do this because it is all I can think about! And I want to and I am so glad it's going to be about Him. Because I know there will be funny stories that will more than likely include glimpses into the small town I call home, but my hope is that it will all come full circle back to His kingdom and how we are learning and growning and loving and leaning onto Him to be better stewards of it!! And living lives full of joy and grace as we go! Because the nice part about living with Jesus, if you don't know what you are doing, HE always does, and it's always so much greater than we could ever imagine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment